This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Outside Stuff

Blogger is being a jerk and won't let me move my pictures around. So I'm sure it would have been nice to have some sort of intro before seeing a picture of a hot tub, but I guess that's just not gonna happen. Anyway, this is the hot tub Kevin got on his birthday this past winter. You can also see the start of a pergola. A deck is planned for between the house and the hot tub. It will be amazing, but we're not Amish so the barn-raising, deck-building neighbours haven't shown up yet.

Cherry tomatoes, peas and marigolds. Claire has now harvested the third pod of peas. She is super excited each time she gets to harvest the peas and gobbles them right up.

Cherry Argyranthemum, marigolds, coleus, random acts of perennial big grass, and hosta la vista.

Shasta daisies that are just starting to have blooms, clematis that was a gift from my mom and is now blooming and same stuff I mentioned on the last picture.

Yellow Argyranthemum and previously mentioned stuff.


Garden on 'roids. Beefy beefsteak tomato plants. Lettuce. Mint. Mint. Mint. Mint is a perennial that likes to be noticed. It kicked out the parsley from last year and has returned with a vengenace. We don't drink enough mojitos. We tried to drink mojitos once, but I don't think it's our thing. We also have dill and basil in there. Carrots are in the front. And there are supposed to be peppers behind the mint. We've had some green tomatoes, and have eaten peas, lots of lettuce, basil, dill, and mint. Pasta sauce is really amazing with fresh basil. Somma borscht is fabulous all the time and especially with fresh dill.

We moved here because we could remember the address.

A while ago (one or two years ago) Kevin finished putting up the trim. It looks way better than what the Google street view people took a picture of. Also, we have impatiens and allysum in front of the dining room windows. The hanging plant that isn't hanging has lots of nice stuff in it, but I only remember the name for the white geraniums. They are called white geraniums. The plant was a mother's day present from my sweet in-laws.
It's possible that since it's been years since my last post, no one will ever know about this one as I suspect my blogging fans may have given up on me. It's also possible that I never had fans, just family members who went here whenever I told them to. Except Valerie. I think Valerie has gotten here all by herself and has been disappointed at the lack of blogging. Let's see how long it takes her to notice this post...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home