This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

How do you move a shed across town?

Answer: Hire a flatbed.

So, I was making supper and looked out the window to the back lane, and this is what I saw.


This is the beautiful foundation dear brother-in-law Roger lovingly prepared for our dear little new shed.

This is three men debating about how to get the shed rotated 90 degrees and taken off the flatbed and onto the lovingly-prepared foundation.

Getting closer to the foundation, still not rotated however.

The muscle-power of one great flatbed hauler dude, a homeowner with a bad back, a homeowner's father with a bad back, bad shoulders, bad knees, and virtually no lungs, and the real help which came from a homeowner's mother.

Getting closer.
The shed sat in that position for about 90 minutes just thinking about how it would make the jump.

Just kidding. Here the flatbed driver is driving away with his truck.

Barely touching the flatbed now.

Homeowner's father with the jack-all which just seems like a swear word to me. However, it did the trick ... unlike swear words.


Homeowner paying flatbed driver. Unpictured is the flatbed driver having a smoke moments before he pulled the flatbed out from under the shed. Apparently these are stressful moments. I wonder if we looked like we'd sue him if something happened to our shed. I'd probably start smoking if I thought I'd be sued.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great - things are coming along! Let us know how the driveway comes along...glad you haven't started smoking yet. Project is almost complete so I suspect you won't have to.
Jeri-Anne

August 31, 2007 at 8:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy homeowner's shed is now securely in proper place and survived the whole process.

Robyn...after reading about comments being your love language I was really convicted to start commenting. I like to speak in the love language of friends.

If you were wondering...my love language is gifts. LOL.

September 3, 2007 at 10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home