This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Living in Chaos

The move has happened. We are relocated and living among many boxes and bags and general chaos. Unfortunately you won't be getting any pictures today. Chaos doesn't photograph well, so you'll have to visit us with a casserole if you want to see it for yourself. Also, posting pictures of a job site is one thing, but my own messy home photographed and displayed on the web feels a little strange.

Here are some things that have happened since we last talked:
- six thousand shelves
- some trim and baseboards installed
- most light fixtures installed
- hot water
- driveway started - crushed rock all over the place but the curb and sidewalk have yet to be removed. I don't know when cement is coming.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank our fantanastic family and friends who have all done so much to help us. This has gone very smoothly and we feel very blessed for all the help. I would also like to recognize Lee and Sheldon from Rolly's Transfer. They were probably the best money we've spent on this entire project. They were wonderful movers - Lee kept saying, "It's all good." And it was.

I will be slowing down with this blog, but it has been fun - especially getting your feedback. I will try to keep you posted with the exterior progress and the little bit of interior progress still to come.

- Robyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home