This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Monday, July 9, 2007

Corinna needs pictures

Corinna was outraged that I threatened to not post any more pictures.

We love Rolly's Transfer....it's all good.

The fam schmamily on move day. This is the load Claire moved with her grandma.

Watching the work from inside the house in jammies. This is more fun than driving in -30 weather .8km north to find out if there's anything to see.

This morning the bobcat came back, and took away the curb and sidewalk. He spread the crushed rock all over the driveway so we can actually drive on our own driveway which I did, and I parked like I owned the place.

This is the heap of concrete formally known as the curb and sidewalk.

Claire walking on our driveway, wearing jammies. I was across the street in my jammies.

Sandbagging to keep the water from flowing out of our closet and into our room. We thought we had to remove the clothes from the dressers before the movers would move them. Turns out, not so much. They wrap the dressers in Saran wrap so the drawers stay in. Now we have all of our clothes waiting to be put away, sitting in large blue bags in front of our closet reminding me of the Flood of '97 every night.

If I had a nickel for everyone who asked me what goes in that empty space, I'd have enough money to pay for this house, or at least a cupboard to fill the empty space. So now it's a blog quiz. You tell me. What goes there?

At the end of the island, there's a plate with the remains of the fabulous cinnamon crescents that our back door neighbour Tilly delivered in the rain today. Fresh and amazing. And amazing that we have a cool neighbour named Tilly who lives in a house that was once a barn.

Good will. Giving away one set of Visions pots, two ice cube trays, a pepper mill, a spice rack sans most of the spices, a large thermos, various mugs, a tea pot, candy dish thingers, candles, and more surprises in the boxes on the oven. If your good will won't take it away from us, then we'll bring it away to someone who cares.



This is our favourite light fixture. It's above the island.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Congratulations! I have enjoyed "watching" the progress on your new home via your blog. You must be super tired after the move?

July 9, 2007 at 8:50 PM

 
Blogger L said...

Hey, congratulations!! very exciting! My guess as to what goes in the empty space: microwave shelf. Have fun getting settled in...

July 9, 2007 at 9:09 PM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

Thank you for your comments. Blog comments are my love language. Yes, tired. No, microwave shelf.

July 10, 2007 at 6:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am almost sorry the house is done - I've enjoyed checking the progress! But happy to see you guys settle in. My vote for the blank spot is some open shelves. You guys seem to be the kings of shelves - why not a few more? We'll walk the 0.8 km to see your new digs again soon (though I make no promises about walking at -30!)

July 10, 2007 at 7:56 AM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

Not open shelves either.

July 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn, If I would have know blog comments are your love language...I would have started commenting long ago. I like to speak in love languages! :)

Great blog quiz too!

August 7, 2007 at 10:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home