This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Our mental state and how you can help

Guess what? We're no longer five bricks short of a load. I ended up on a wild goose chase going from one store to another and passed the brick place so I stopped in. I told the man there that I was five bricks short of a load, and he seemed to want to help. Apparently this NEVER happens, but there was a returned box they couldn't re-sell and could sell us individual bricks. So that was a $28 expense as opposed to buying another whole box for a c-note. I've never referred to $100 as a c-note before. Did I sound cool?

We have a schedule of what's happening over the next month. I will highlight the events where help is welcome:

July 11-15: mud and tape basement
July 16-22: paint basement, install vinyl
July 25-26: carpet installed
June 30-July 1: kitchen installed
July 2-5: move small stuff that is non-essential for living
July 6-7: move with the intent of sleeping at the new place (big furniture will be professionally moved)

There are other miscellaneous things that need to happen but are not as high priority as the above, such as:
- exterior siding on front
- insulate, drywall, mud and tape, and paint sunroom
- install baseboards and other moldings
- mud and tape garage

We are not overwhelmed in any way except by your generous offers to help.

3 Comments:

Blogger Corinna said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 8, 2007 at 7:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why always the paint, I might want to tape and mud. Or is it because I don't have clear vision (muddy). I will check on my availability and skills. I have ladders. mommy

June 9, 2007 at 6:16 AM

 
Blogger Robyn said...

Mom, I'm very proud of you for leaving a comment. You are very technologically advanced for a 55+er. The lower priority list has taping and mudding opportunities. The lower priority list is also available to people who want to help us. In fact, I think it would only make sense that you tape and mud the sunroom since you seem to think it will end up as your greenhouse.
Robyn

June 9, 2007 at 6:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home