Carpet and Moldings
Kevin's mom has been working away priming moldings/baseboards. It seems to be one of her many specialties. She was feeling self-conscious because she was wearing ugly pants. However, they appear to be the perfect pants for the task. They speak to her vast painting experience - sort of like her walking resume. Oh, that was a play on words....walking....pants....you get it.



The above three pictures show our newly installed carpet. Here's the good news. I like it. There have been so many decisions. So far, everything looks better than I'd imagined so perhaps it was worth agonizing over every detail.Oh, that's a good segue. Detail. Do you remember a while back I posted pictures of the studs, electrical, and plumbing and said that Kevin was maybe a little neurotic for taking all those pictures, etc. etc.? Well, today Kevin very easily located those photos and referenced them to locate studs to assist in putting up shelves. Oh the brilliance of my Olfert.
Here's the official progress report:
- shelving to be installed soon. Shelves cut, working on the supports. Thanks John Olfert. You rock.
- We forgot to paint the stairwell walls. Carpet is on only two of the stairs because the realization came at that point that the walls should be painted first. Watch your step, though. There's underlay and "smooth-edge" on all the other stairs. What a joke. There's nothing less smooth than "smooth-edge".
- If the humidity lets up along with the rain, we might get a driveway next Monday. Also, backfilling will happen at that time which will make getting up the steps a little easier.
- We were hoping for toilets today. Maybe tomorrow.
- Light fixtures and other electrical work will hopefully start happening tomorrow evening.
- Kitchen is being installed on the weekend.
- Our MasterCard will be taking a huge hit as we pay for the rest of the kitchen and appliances in the next few days.
- We've moved some of Claire's toys there...as shelves are put up we hope to move a lot more stuff there.
- Official move date has been set for Friday, July 6. Anything we haven't moved by then will be moved by professionals.
- We still need to get that brick on the fireplace and finish painting the basement.
- It would be nice to have some baseboards/moldings up before the move date...especially in the bedrooms. There will be efforts to that end.
- I'm not sure what the plan is for the hardwoods that are supposed to go in the dining room except that Kevin will install them. Mostly I'm not sure where our dining room furniture will go until the flooring is installed.
- Although we are overflowing with love for each other, Kevin and I never talk anymore which is why I don't know more about the previous point. He's having an affair with the new house. One day soon I hope to be part of that affair.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home