This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

How we make decisions now

I realize this is the third post today which is a little excessive. Kevin and I have trouble making decisions sometimes. You'd think that by this stage of building a house we'd be machines when it comes to making decisions. I think the problem comes down to being torn between "but this is our dream house we should do it the right-est way" vs. "we have no money left". Then there are the decisions that seem very important but even more unclear. One morning we needed to call Chuck with a decision on the basement floor, and we hadn't decided. I said, "Kevin, I think it's time we cast lots. Ask Claire!" So he asked her, "Claire should we do rebar or fibercrete in the basement?" She responded enthusiastically, "Rebarb!" She's a big fan of rhubarb so I'm thinking it was an easy decision for her and that she unfortunately believes we'll always have rhubarb pie in the basement of the new house. Anyway, rebar it is, and the basement should be poured on the weekend. Gravel today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not know that a basement could be done after the house already looks so far along... That is amazing. But, then what do i know about home building??

May 25, 2007 at 7:55 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home