Do our boots measure up?
Monday, March 26, 2007
Sheldon came in person on Saturday so he's up to date. So I wasn't going to update it yet, but then Corinna (my other loyal blog reader) updated her blog so I figured I should do the same.
First picture shows pot lights between the front entrance closets.
Second picture shows one of the boots Kevin installed on Saturday for living room speakers in the ceiling. Why is Kevin's dad holding up a measuring tape? Because Kevin and his dad took over 80 pictures on Saturday just like this. I only think this is a little neurotic. I have come to appreciate why they are doing this, and appreciate Kevin's dad for helping him out. My brilliant husband thought that it would be a swell idea to document where all the studs, wiring, plumbing, etc. are before the drywallers come and cover everything up. That way, if we ever want to know where those things are, we won't have to guess. We'll just have to guess where we saved the pictures. Right now I can't remember why we ever would need to know where those things are, but I've been given reasons and they were good.
In other developments, our electrical panel is now in. Also, spring has sprung and there is mud everywhere in the house. It's really gross. Hopefully the sewer thing will happen soon, and then backfilling, and then sidewalk blocks or something.


In the spirit of good blogging, I'd like to open things up at this point for comments. Let's have a bloggity-blog discussion. Our family hates to be interrupted when sleeping. Napping is important to some of the fatigued people in our family. I always turn off my phone when I sleep. It's self-preservation. However, on occasion, I have been alarmingly woken up to the sound of the door bell....often someone unexpected and trying to sell me something. Once it was Marcia bringing me a casserole. That was okay. My brilliant husband, again, with a swell idea. Since we can, why not have a doorbell switch? When we wake up, turn on phone, turn on door bell. When we go to sleep, turn off times two. The question is, what do all y'all think about that? Keep in mind that we'll likely do it no matter what you say. But please be honest...just don't be offended if we don't share your view.
Next question for discussion. Also regarding doorbells. Kevin asked so wisely, "Why are doorbells always in hallways by bedrooms?" It's a very startling place. Shouldn't they be more in the awake areas of the house? We're proposing somewhere in the kitchen. What do you think?
By the way, Jocelyn won the contest from the last post. Good job. This time there is a prize. Whoever has the best comment on this post is allowed to wake me up with a casserole once we've moved into the new place. You should know that Marcia' Manicotti is pretty tough competition...she has set the bar high.
Can you tell that it's late? Time to sign off.
I look forward to hearing from you.

3 Comments:
I think that a doorbell switch is a completely brilliant idea. I wish I was building a house so that I could have one. I might even use it when I'm not napping. :)
Manicotti, eh? That would be hard to beat, but I'll try...
March 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM
Thank you, Jocelyn. It's nice to be validated, and you seem really genuine...I don't think you're just telling me what I want to hear. See how easy this is everyone? Let's keep the "discussion" going.
Robyn
March 27, 2007 at 7:52 PM
Robyn! it's Gabe here, I'm not committed enough to establish a blogging account, but I thought it was only fair for me confess that yes, indeed, I check your blog ~once a week and enjoy photos and text alike. Based on some early math and the proven "7 degrees of separation" methodology, I estimate there are between 12 and 38 others who also enjoy your blog in a state of silence and secrecy. For shame.
Blog on!
-Gabe
March 29, 2007 at 10:59 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home