This is a blog about Kevin and Robyn building a house. Our daughter Claire is the star of this blog.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Keeping warm on Valentine's Day

I am not a construction worker. I would not go to work when it's this cold out. I would find a union or something and fight for my right to stay warm. When I drove by at 9:15, Chuck and his crew were already at the site. It was -31 feels like -42. Claire and I just came from there after preschool. It was just before noon, and it was -25 feels like -34.

However, Chuck and his crew are smart. They started a fire. The young man I spoke to who was working there said that it made a big difference. When fingers get cold, they can be warmed up over the fire.

These photos show how they are insulating the basement walls from the outside and also how they are keeping warm on Valentine's Day. Claire and I are planning to go back in the afternoon, hopefully with warm fresh muffins.




Well, Claire and I made it to the site with fresh, warm muffins....but too late. The brave, efficient workers were already done! The fire was out, and the Tyvek was up. The weather report is that it is now balmy. -20 with no windchill.


1 Comments:

Blogger Corinna said...

Nice basement! I like that last picture of Claire, what a cutie. Too bad about the muffins, we'll eat them. Keep driving! ha ha.

February 14, 2007 at 2:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home